Spring is just weeks away and the blistering Summer days will be here before we know it. That means it’s time to start thinking about how to keep your commercial building cool in the most affordable way.
Think about how it feels to get into a car at the end of a day with dark, leather seats. It sits stationary all day and the dark color absorbs the heat making it miserable inside. The same is true for a commercial building with a black or dark colored coating. A light roof covering will reflect the sun and absorb less heat making the builder cooler.
In today’s roofing world, building owners have so many options! It doesn’t have to be white, there are a variety of lighter colors that will compliment your building and still meet the requirements of a cool roof.
- Considering these benefits when thinking about reroofing with a cool roof:
Keep cooling cost down – cool roofs mean that the air conditioning doesn’t have to work as hard saving you money.
- Keep maintenance costs down and even extend the life of your roof.
- Keep your employees/ tenants happy and comfortable, especially in a building such as warehouse.
- Protects your roof from ultra- violet lights; extending the life of your roof.
- Environmentally friendly – reduce emissions
- Water protective options
Nearly any type of building can benefit from a cool roof, but have a thorough inspection by a certified commercial roofer to help with the selection process.